Sporting Schools is an Australian Sports Commission initiative designed to help schools to increase children’s participation in sport, and to connect children with community sport.
Sporting Schools aims to:
- provide quality organised sporting experiences;
- connect 860,000 children with NSO endorsed sporting opportunities;
- increase children’s participation in sport;
- nurture children’s lifelong love of sport; and
- create stronger links between children and local sporting clubs.
Sporting Schools has teamed up with Hockey Australia to deliver hockey into your school!
For more information on Sporting Schools, visit their website.
Sporting Schools At Your School
BWHA are committed to delivering Sporting Schools programs to schools within the Greater Brisbane area.
School staff apply for funding from Sporting Schools to use towards a hockey program at their school. Once approved, the school selects hockey as their chosen sport. BWHA receives information from Hockey Australia regarding the program, and contacts the school directly.
BWHA will send a qualified coach to the school to deliver the program, which accommodates the schools request – programs can run for example;
1hr a week, for 3-6 weeks – the school chooses the day, time and location!
To enquire about a Sporting Schools program at your school, email firstname.lastname@example.org.