Hockey Australia Masters Committee (HAMC) advises that expressions of interest are now open for the below positions. Selector and Head Coach expressions of interest will close on Monday 10 July. Assistant Coach and Team Manager appointments will remain open until Monday 23 October. All applicants are encouraged to lodge their EOIs as soon as possible.
- Australian Masters Selectors and Assistant (Part Time) Selectors to attend the National Championships in Perth 2023 to select World Cup 2024 teams.
- Australian Coaches for all age groups for World Cup 2024 – to be appointed before the Masters Championships.
- Australian Assistant Coaches World Cup 2024
- Australian Team Managers World Cup 2024
Australian and Australian A teams will be selected in all age groups where nominations allow. The World Cups will be played in Auckland, NZ for Over 45-60 Men’s teams & Over 45-70 Women’s teams. Cape Town, South Africa will host the Over 35-40 Men & Women, and Over 65-80 Men’s teams.
Tournament Dates in Perth:
Women’s 34+ to 70+ Friday 22 September – Saturday 30 September 2023
Men’s 34+, 40+, 45+ Saturday 23 September – Sunday 1 October 2023
Men’s 50+ to 80+ Thursday 28 September – Saturday 7 October 2023
Selectors Positions to be appointed to attend the National Championships:
- Convenor of Selectors (1 for Each Tournament)
- Panel Chair (1 for each age group)
- Assistant Selectors (including Australian coaches or other nominees)
All Selectors, Panel Chairs and Assistant Selectors will be required to meet at Perth Hockey Stadium at 9:00am on the day prior to the tournament.
Appointed Australian Coaches will be encouraged to make themselves available as an Assistant Selector for their appointed Australian/Australian A team at the selection event (Masters championships).
For more details, please refer to the Event Information in the Expression of Interest forms via the links below:
- Selector Expressions of Interest – closing date Monday 10 July 23:00pm AEST
- Coach Expressions of Interest – closing date Monday 10 July 23:00pm AEST
- Assistant Coach & Team Manager Expression of Interest – closing date Monday 23 October 23:00pm AEST – https://www.revolutionise.com.au/hamasters/events/192747/
Some HAMC Position Descriptions are available on the HAMC website – https://www.hockey.org.au/masters/position-descriptions/.
Selector position descriptions are being reviewed and will be published and distributed to applicants when available.
As per the Expression of Interest forms, various levels of remuneration will be available linked to the appointed positions. All appointed Selectors and Assistant Selectors will be entitled to:
- the use of a shared hire car for transport between local accommodation, Perth Hockey Stadium and other grounds as required including fuel costs;
- HA polo shirt, hoodie and tracksuit pants – value $150+.
For further information contact email@example.com.