BWHA was established in 1933, with the first playing fields at Marchant Park, Chermside.
Countless hours of hard work and volunteer hours have gone into making BWHA the dynamic and forward thinking association it is today. The home base for BWHA was moved to Downey Park in 1959. Downey Park was designated a “Women’s Reserve” and allowed the joint development of facilities for many women’s sport through the QWASC.
A large clubhouse was built in 1985 at Downey Park. The first floor of the clubhouse is a large function room with licensed bar facilities and the administration offices (relocated in 2009 after flooding). The ground floor houses change rooms, storage, pro-shop and canteen. This facility is available for hire for any functions or community events.
|BWHA Junior Association Presidents|
|BWHA Junior Association Secretaries|
|BWHA Junior Association Treasurers|
|BWHA Life Members|
|BWHA Australian Representative Players|
|BWHA Australian Umpire|
The State Library of Queensland has catalogued all of BWHA’s paper records online.
Brisbane Women’s Hockey Association records https://onesearch.slq.qld.gov.au/permalink/61SLQ_INST/11l3i0/alma99184214379902061
The Collection Guide is here: https://collections.slq.qld.gov.au/guide/33695/details